My Customer Service Team and I often get emails from customers/readers who are frantically looking for help because they broke out with acne, pimples, blackheads, rashes, hives, cysts, or boils. They may not fully understand the wellness process, so they interpret release of toxins through the skin as “being bad for me.” After all, other people see one’s skin. I am writing this blog to let you that the situation is temporary and that you can improve the skin’s structure and function with a bit of effort.
Your Skin Is Your Largest Organ of Elimination
I explain the important of the skin as an organ of elimination in my Future Health Now Encyclopedia:
The body detoxifies chemicals or excess toxins through the liver and the end products of this detoxification are eliminated through the intestines, the kidneys and the skin. If the kidneys and intestines are overloaded with toxins, then skin conditions can develop when the overload of waste products is eliminated through sweat onto the skin.
Detoxification Is a Natural Cycle of Wellness
I wholeheartedly suggest that readers and customers read my Blog, “What Happens When I Start to Get Well?” several times. Here, I write about detoxification as a natural cycle in the wellness process. Once you understand that eliminating toxins/detoxification increases your health and that your breakout is temporary, you can look for what triggered the breakout and support improving the structure and function of your skin.
Triggers for Skin Breakouts
Many of the toxins your skin reacts to are food-related. Here is a list of those foods that can cause a breakout:
- Processed Foods
- Too Much Dairy
- Fried Foods
- White Flour
- Yeast Overgrowth
What Can I Do?
This is what I would do if I had a breakout:
- Eliminate Food-Related Triggers for 3 or 4 weeks and see how that affects your skin.
- Take a good soil-based probiotic. My Flora Revive will be released sometime this summer (2019). In the meantime, I suggest you use Restore (https://restore4life.com).
- Drink half your body weight (in pounds) in ounces of water with 1/4 teaspoon of sea or Himalayan salt in every quart of water you drink.
- If you don’t have two bowel movements a day, make a detoxification drink of 1 tbsp food grade liquid bentonite clay and 1 tbsp psyllium husk powder (finely ground) in 4-6 ounces of water on an empty stomach in the morning and/or at night. Chase this with an 8 oz glass of sea-salted water.
- Do a bath or foot bath at least three times a week, more if you have time. The directions are very simple: blend up 1/2 to 1 cup of impurity-free facial grade clay powder in your blender with a quart of water and pour that into your hot water foot bath or tub. Soak for 30 min and shower off. And you don’t have to worry about the chlorine in the water. Clay removes chlorine. I’ve tested it myself!
- Facial grade clay can (see above) also be used as a light poultice to support improving the skin on the spots where it breaks out. In the alternative, you can use the clay as a facial mask. Just mix a half teaspoon of clay with a few drops of water or Pico Silver and apply it at night.
- Several of my staff members take an extra ReAline when they need detoxification support (one at breakfast, one at lunch, one at dinner).
- They also mix a pump of ReMag Lotion with a pump of ReNew and apply this mixture to their skin after gentle cleansing with an organic cleanser.
By eliminating triggers, adding helpful bacteria to your gut, hydrating, cleansing, and feeding your body helpful skin nutrients (The Completement Formulas and Pico Silver), you can support your body’s natural detoxification process so that your skin improves its structure and function while you build more health.
Dr. Carolyn Dean