During the winter, many people don’t get enough fresh air, exercise, and sunlight. They also eat heavier foods in order to keep warm and comfortable. So, doing a spring cleanse makes a lot of sense. Just like you get your home and garden ready for spring activities, spring cleansing prepares your heavier body for lighter, warmer weather.
Spring Cleansing Tips
A good spring cleanse is the Yeast ReSet. This a very simple and effective program where you:
- Eliminate foods that feed the yeast in your body and tax your digestion
- Add foods that feed your body and not the yeast (See Chapter 5 for detailed instructions.)
- Support your body with a good probiotic and the detoxification drink found in Chapter 6
- make sure that you hydrate with half your body weight in pounds in ounces of water with 1/4 teaspoon of sea or Himalayan salt in every 32 ounces of water you drink
- Supplement your food with needed basic nutrients that the Completement Formulas provide.
Do You Have Product Recommendations?
At the moment, I currently recommendRestoreas the probiotic, because my soil-based probiotic, Flora Revive, is not yet available. For the detoxification drink, I like the Yerba Prima brand of Psyllium Husk Powder and Great Plains Yerba Prima liquid food grade Bentonite clay. I purchase these at vitacost.com. You also can use one teaspoon of Pico Silverper drink, as one of the anti-fungals you rotate.
What Else Can I Do?
I feel that it’s very important to get out and walk in the fresh air and sunlight. Even a slow 30 minute walk can positively impact your wellness.
For those who want to stimulate their lymph circulation even more, try bouncing on a trampoline, swimming, lymphatic skin brushing, and clay baths.
More tips about cleansing and detoxification can be found starting on page 544 of my Future Health Now Encyclopedia. This is a link to a free PDF of the book.
Dr. Carolyn Dean